The Quarry Campground Guidelines
Please take a moment to review the policies – they are in place to assure the safety and comfort of everyone.
Rules and Regulations
Please read carefully. If you have any questions, we will be happy to discuss them with you. All guests/visitors assume all risks and danger incidental to the activity of camping in a rustic outdoor environment including specifically (but not limited to), the danger of being injured or killed by insects or other animals, of being injured while participating in recreational activities, such as swimming or outdoor sports at the campground and/or being injured as a result of inclement weather conditions, and agrees that the campground and its owners, agents and employees are not liable for injuries or property damage resulting from such risks and dangers.
Adherence to the rules is your responsibility and misuse of the campground or disobeying the rules may result in expulsion from the campground with no refunds.
- Cancellations: We do not give refunds or credit due to weather. Cancellations 0-7 days before reservation will not be refunded. Cancellations 8-14 days before reservation will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations 15 days or more before reservation will receive a full refund less a $15 cancellation fee.
- Check-In / Check-Out: Check in is 1:00 pm on the day of your arrival. Check out is 11:00 am on the day of your departure.
- Reservation Payments: Reservations must be paid for in full at time of booking.
- Extra Persons: Reservations are for 2 adults and children under the age of 21. Extra adults are $10 per night and children under the age of 18 are free, extra person fees must be paid at time of booking.
- Firewood: The Quarry does not allow outside wood of any kind to be brought into our park. We will confiscate it. This is to protect the trees within our park from the wood/tree insects that have become prevalent throughout the CT area in recent years. We do sell bundled wood at a discount at the store and have cord wood available for those staying for longer duration.
- Fires: Campfires can never be left unattended. All campfires must be extinguished at midnight. Only firewood is to be burned in pits and fires must be maintained at a reasonable height.
- Quiet Hours: 11:00 pm to 8:00 am. All youth under the age of 21 must be back at their sites by 10:30 pm (curfew) unless accompanied by an adult. Please have consideration for your camping neighbors.
- Bathrooms: Please be respectful of other campers and the property when using the bath houses. No dish washing may be done in sinks. Clean up after yourself and report any shortage of materials or issues you might observe to staff.
- Laundry Facilities: The laundry room is open 24/7 and located near the office at the front of the campground. The machines are coin operated, and you can obtain change at the store. Do not leave clothing in machines for extended periods of time when they are not running. The Quarry campground is not responsible for any damage of theft of property that is left unattended.
- Bikes: Bikes are to be ridden responsibly, according to the same rules followed by motorized vehicles. Bikes may not be ridden on grassy common areas. Bike helmets are strongly recommended and required by state law for anyone under the age of 16. Bikes must be returned to site and may not be ridden after dusk. Respect pedestrians and bike at your own risk.
- Swimming: Swimming hours are 8:00 am to 7:00 pm, no swimming is permitted after hours. A lifeguard or other responsible person does not supervise the swimming areas at The Quarry Campground. In place of on-site supervisor, this campground has established a series of safeguards to be followed by all guests. Your participation in any water activity is done at your own risk. Rescue equipment is at the beach side. If you notice any problem with the water quality or absence of water rescue equipment, please notify us at once. NEVER SWIM ALONE. A minimum of 1 adult, 18 years or older must be present whenever the swimming pond is in use. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR ADEQUATE SUPERVISION. A parent or guardian must accompany children under 16 years of age. I understand that there is no lifeguard on duty at this campground. Do not drink alcoholic beverages and swim or participate in water sports. Guests must swim in designated areas. Diving or jumping into the water is strictly prohibited.
- Fishing: Fishing permitted in fishing pond only. Catch & release policy. Bait and fishing pole rentals available at campground store.
- Scooters/Electric vehicles: Scooters, electric vehicles, including children’s toy electric-operated vehicles are not permitted at any time. This includes adult and children scooters, mopeds, and other motorized bikes, as well. The Quarry Campground has the right to request any activity deemed unsafe or disruptive to be stopped and/ or put away without further notice. No charging of electric vehicles at site.
- Pets: Pets must current with inoculation shots and remain on leash at all times. When tied to your camper, dogs must be secured by a strong leash that does not extend off the site in any directions, not tied to a tree. Please practice common courtesy and pick up after your pet and properly dispose of after. Pets are not allowed on the swimming beach. We reserve the right to ask you to remove your pet from the park. No visitor pets. No pets in the office, bathrooms or buildings. Owners must fill out a pet waiver upon booking.
- Trash: Please use dumpsters located throughout the campground. Do not leave trash out overnight.
- Alcohol/Controlled Substance: The Quarry Campground allows the consumption of alcohol on your campsite only, and never in any buildings, roads, beach area or any common areas of the park. Driving a motorized vehicle, including cars, trucks and golf carts, while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substances is not allowed at any time within The Quarry Campground property.
- Firearms/Drones/Fireworks: We do not allow firearms or any projectile weapons of any kind. We also do not allow drones or fireworks at the campground.
- Vandalism: Please be respectful of The Quarry Campground property. Acts of vandalism of any kind will not be tolerated and could result in expulsion from the campground.
- Visitors: Visitors will be charged $5 per person per day (ages 18 and up), regardless of arrival or departure time. Visitors will not be allowed to bring their vehicles to your site for any reason- it must remain at the front in the visitor’s lot. Visitors may not bring pets. Visitors must adhere to all campground rules and regulations. These rates are for all visitors, regardless of visit whether you are visiting seasonal or weekend campers – and all other rules still apply.
- In conjunction with your use of The Quarry Campground facility the undersigned acknowledges that this is an open, outdoor park that provides staffing for administrative and guest services based on occupancy. The Quarry Campground does not provide emergency service personnel. In the event of an emergency, you must call 911 and report your call. Also call the office when open or the after-hours emergency phone listed on the front door of the office.
Seasonal Site Rules & Regulations
- Please email us at email@example.com for a copy of our current Seasonal Application, Seasonal Rules and Regulations, Seasonal Site Guidelines or for a Seasonal Site Improvement Application.